Air Compressor Lubricants
Lubricants play a crucial role in the functioning of an air compressor. They cool the compressor, extend drain intervals, lubricate moving and wearing parts, reduce sludge and varnish, achieve compatibility with seals and rubber products, and perform many other functions.
IAS has created a lubricant and coolant product line that will help maintain optimal compressor efficiency and reduce operating costs. We’ve done the work so you don’t have to. We offer a wide variety of lubricants and coolants for rotary screw, rotary vane, and reciprocating/piston air compressors that offer you an excellent alternative to OEM-specified air compressor lubricants. They are a great value and still meet the requirements recommended by the compressor manufacturers.
SYNTHETICS VS NON-SYNTHETICS
There are several economic and environmental benefits using synthetics versus non-synthetics in your rotary screw compressor. For example, synthetics:
- May extend oil service life up to 10,000 plus hours
- Can reduce formation of sludge, varnish and carbon deposits
- Help achieve electrical savings between 2 – 5%
- Attain a cooler oil temperature
- Attain cooler discharge compressed air
- Lower oil consumption and carryover
- Increase wear protection resulting in longer parts life
IAS offers 2 OEM-quality lubricants for reciprocating compressors. When used in reciprocating compressors, these synthetic lubricants:
- Reduce deposit formation in high temperature valve areas
- Higher Flash and Fire Points
- Reduce oil feed rates, typically by 20 – 30%, in drops per minute (dpm) to compressor cylinders
- Reduce wear on piston rings and packing
- Are fully compatible with mineral oils & synthetics
IAS supplies rotary vane synthetic lubricants for CompAir, Hydrovane, Fuller, Allis-Chalmers and Howden air compressors. Rotary vane synthetic air compressor lubricants:
- Reduce wear and prevent the formation of gum and sludge on vanes and slots
- Increase the oil drain interval in circulatory lubricating systems
- Reduce oil feed rates in drops per minute (dpm) in total loss in non-circulatory systems
No other industrial air compressor parts company offers a greater variety of lubricants and coolants than Industrial Air Supplies. In addition, all of our replacement fluids meet OEM required specifications. Not only will our air compressor replacement parts ensure optimal compressor performance, they will help extend the life of your entire compressed air system.
LUBRICANT PRODUCT OFFERINGS
Our lubricant offerings are substantial. IAS lubricants range from semi to full-synthetic for almost every make and model of compressor. Allowing us to deliver what you need anytime, anyplace, regardless of the name on your compressor.
Food Grade Series Lubricants
Our Food Grade Series is a synthetic blend approved for food contact applications and comply with the requirements of the FDA Regulation 21 CFR 178.3750 and USDA H-1 requirements.
- Available for rotary screw, rotary vane and reciprocating (piston) compressors
- Blended to provide long life and protection against wear, corrosion and rust
Silicone Series Lubricants
Our Silicone Series lubricant is designed to provide a cost-effective alternative for customers whose compressors require silicone lubricants. This series:
- Significantly reduces maintenance by extending your compressor’s drain intervals
- Is fully compatible with silicon-based fluids
Our Blower lubricants are designed for all positive displacement blowers including Gardner Denver, Roots, Sutorbilt. They offer significant advantages compared to typical petroleum-based blower oils, including:
- Reduced component wear for longer overall machine life
- Extend drain intervals (up to 8,000 hours)
- Better protection from corrosion
- Enhanced low/high temperature lubricating properties, providing a significant reduction in maintenance costs
Our synthetic lubricants are mixed using the latest in additive technology and base stocks. They are available for reciprocating, rotary screw and rotary vane compressors.
Some of their advantages include:
- Solid thermal conductivity and reduced friction
- High-temperature thermal stability and low-temperature fluidity
- Greater resistance to mechanical stress and reduced metal-to-metal wear
- Offer up to 10,000 plus hours life, reducing maintenance costs
Industrial Air Supplies (IAS) is a veteran owned small business has been in the air compressor replacement parts business since 2001. Purchasing cost-effective, reliable alternatives to premium-priced OEM parts has never been easier with IAS. Browse our wide-selection of industrial air compressor parts online and purchase today.